Saturday, September 21, 2013

Thanks Big Time by Tracey Sabella

I can't believe how quickly the year is passing by. I'm enjoying the cooler fall weather that's arrived this week.

I have so many things to be grateful for, and it's always nice to share a thank you for a special kindness. My card features lace, flowers, and twine from the Really Reasonable Ribbon Store along with Donna Salazar Designs papers.

I normally include a tutorial with this post, but I'm changing things up this month, so be sure to check back on Sept. 30 for a layout and tutorial for two kinds of Grungy Jute/Burlap Flowers.

"Thanks Big Time"

Really Reasonable Ribbon Products


Tips and Techniques
Aren't these WOC Cosmos and Sweetheart Blossom Flowers so darling? The Cosmos Daisy required some propping up on the top where the chipboard ended, and the Tombow 3-D Tabs were perfect for this task. 

I played around with this flower cluster, and although a larger bow overwhelmed these delicate flowers, this thin 10-lb Bamboo Cord tied into a simple little bow was just right.

The Blue Fern chipboard was dabbed with Jasmine Mix'd Media Inx and then lightly sprinkled with MMI Jasmine Embossing powder and heat set for a grungy look.

I used 20-lb Bamboo Cord to "wrap" each end of my sentiment die-cut. 

I added Juliet Natural Crochet Lace below the paper block, adhered with a strip of Scor-Tape. It is so easy to use Scor-Tape to adhere lace and ribbon to my projects! The Juliet lace is so pretty with the lovely scalloped edge! 

The top border is hand stitched, and I distressed and inked all the edges. 

I hope you've been inspired to pull out your Really Reasonable Ribbon supplies and create!! 


~ Blessings ~

4 comments :

  1. This is so beautiful Tracey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card, Tracey! Such beautiful colors.

    Hugs,
    Snoopy :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww Tracey I LOVE your card!! Its beautiful hun, as always!!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Tracey!!
    Hugs
    Heather

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say