Saturday, September 14, 2013

Shabby Vintage Roses "Love" Banner Tutorial


For our September Blog Hop, please click HERE.

Hello Friends!!
Heather here and today I would like to share with you a Wonderful Shabby Chic Vintage Roses "Love" Banner that I created using a couple Digital Collage sheets that I designed and fabulous Ribbons and Trims from Really Reasonable Ribbon!
Pin It!
Lets get started!
Step One
Print out your collage sheets then cut them out.
Step 2
I inked the edges of all the pieces with Ranger's Vintage photo Distress inks.
Step 3
I used my Crop-O-Dile to punch holes in the top of the banner.  I am kind of lazy...so this is how I go about that.  I put all 4 pieces aligned on top of each other, decided where I wanted one of the holes, and punched through all four sheets.  Then I flipped one of the sheets over, used the hole as a reference as to where to punch the other side, and punch through the three sheets.  I just turned that one sheet back over and lined it up with the others and did the last punch.
Step 4
Next I placed foam tabs on my focal banner pieces.  Please view photo below for placement.
Step 5
Flip the focal pieces over, remove backing of pads and center them onto the banner pieces.  
They look so yummy already!
Here are some of the goodies from
Really Reasonable Ribbon 
that I will be using.
Step 6
Next I placed a piece of Scor Tape across the top of each little banner, and clipped any that was hanging over.  Then I added the Pink Crochet lace and Chloe Crochet (from this month's Really Reasonable Ribbon Assortment).  Please refer to photo for placement.
Step 7
Next I added the Baker's twine in Aqua and Raspberry to my banner pieces.  I simply wrapped it around twice and tied it in the back.  I then trimmed the pieces in back.
Step 8
I added foam tabs to the back of the little banner (refer to photo for placement) and then adhered it to the larger banner piece.
They are look soooo shabby and lovely!
Step 9
Ultra fine Metal Tip to put some glue on the backs of the Really Reasonable Ribbon Moss leaves.  The leaves at the top of the banners are in sets of "3 leaves" then I cut out 8 individual leaves, and attached two leaves at the bottom point of each banner.
Next I removed the stem from 12 of the Pink 15mm Roses, and glued them to my banner pieces.  Please refer to photo for placement.
Step 10
Again I used the Art Glitter Designer dries clear Glue and the
Ultra fine Metal Tip to apply dots of glue to my focal piece.
Step 11
I added the #160 Rose Gold  glitter to the dots on the focal piece.
I added more dots of glue on exposed areas of the larger banner pieces.
Step 12
I added #193 Martha's Yard glitter to the aqua banners.  
Step 13
I used #267 Cheeky Pink glitter on the brown banner pieces.
Step 14
Next I outlined each letter and filled them in with glue.
Step 15
I used #196 Lion's Mane  to cover my "LOVE" letters.  I strung my banners onto a piece of Mint Jute.  It is easier to do this after you applied all your glitters.
Here are the finished pieces below.
L Banner
O Banner
V Banner
E Banner
A couple close ups
I tied a few pieces of Madison crochet lace, cream seam binding and pink diagonal ribbon between my banner pieces.  Unfortunately for me I was out of my Pink Salmon and Bay Leaf seam bindings, so I will order some and add them to my banner.
Another close up
One last look at all the banners together.
I hope you enjoyed my tutorial today, and if you would like to see the collage sheets I created for this they are on my blog here.
Thank you for joining us at Really Reasonable Ribbon today!
Hugs!!
Heather

6 comments :

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WAUW this is soo gorgeous Heather, I really LOVE this banner, and who wouldn`t?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather this banner is gorgeous. You did a great job. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heather, your banner is just amazing and gorgeous!! Love the glittery sparkle and you totally rocked the ribbon tying the banner together!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    Garden of Grace

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say