Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Tag Banner Tutorial

Howdy all. It's Ginny here to share a great tutorial on using  bakers twine to add tags to a banner. We make banners all the time in the shop...and I love to add loads of layers to make them look really nice and full. One of the challenges is hanging all the elements so they don't twist and turn. This technique is perfect for keeping all the  fronts forward : ) It also ensures that you can adjust the pieces to the proper spacing once you hang up your banner. 
Here is a look at my finished banner left side:
Right side:
You can see that all the little bits are hanging facing forward and spaced just right : )
Here's how it's done:
You'll want to choose the elements you want to hang on your banner. I've got small tags here. You'll notice that I've punched a tiny hole in the tops. I like to use twine to hang all the parts on....since it's smooth and you can slide things easily for spacing. For this project...I'm using Halloween Bakers Twine.

Make a small loop and thread it through the hole in the tag with the loop on the finished side.

Pull the tails behind the twine.
Pull the tails through the loop. Snug....but not too tight.
Flip to the back unfinished sided and pull tails down to the back of the tag and secure with a good tape. Trim the excess. Once you have all the elements tied on flip over and adjust the spacing. 
Another look at the banner:

I've dressed up the front with sweet little bows of Black Gingham.  Want another look at the Double Loop Bow-torial I used to tie the awesome bows? Just click here.There's also some paper rosettes for dimension, fun vintagy Halloween images, and a fair bit of stickling and inking. 
While I had all the paperie goodies out I went ahead and made a pretty tag to hold my twine:
Before I go I want to make sure you all know that Bonnie is having an Autumn Sale at Really Reasonable Ribbon!!!!! 
Click here to get the details.
I hope this helps you to create a fabulous banner to add to your holiday decor. Wishing you all a happy and  productive day and time to be creative : ) Hugs Ginny

No comments :

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear what you have to say