Thursday, September 5, 2013

Halloween Altered Art Boxes

Well hello there all. I'm very excited to share a fun and festive project I created with awesome vintage images, Really Reasonable Ribbons and great embellishments.  I'll be adding these to my seasonal decor as soon as I can con someone into coming into the shop and spend the afternoon on a ladder with me to get the displays up. lol. No volunteers yet...can't image why???? LOL
So here is my project....Halloween Altered Art Boxes:
I created the boxes with my Scor-Buddy and craft brown cardstock. Then I filled it with floral foam and some shredded craft paper filler. Then the fun part!
 These girlies are so cute. I clipped them out of their background and colored them in with pencils and Stickled them up for detail. A few inked rosettes , printed tickets and a fun hanging banner help to fill in the space. I used a generous length of Satin Swiss Dot to wrap the box and made a sweet little bow of Orange Twill and Bakers Twine with a few fancy pins to keep it in place.
Ghost and Goblins Oh My...lol.  I layered up this little fellow with wings, and a small clock image. I scavenged the pumpkins from a bag of potpouri, I think they add nice texture. The glitter star on bendy wire is anchored in a tiny covered wooden clothes pin. The tiny tag and raffia bow is hung with an orange clothes pin. For this box I choose to give it a border at the top and bottom with tinsel trim.
This girl has a vintage tag in the background, another inked rosette and a fun number tag hung with another clothespin.  On the right side you can just see the tiny bats on springy wire. 
Okay that's all for me. I can't wait to add this to my shop display. 
I hope you all enjoy a happy and productive day and find some time to be creative : ) Huggs Ginny

4 comments :

  1. Such a darling project - love how you used the ribbon and twine!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    Garden of Grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love theses little boxes. The details and the fun images make for some amazing inspirations!
    What fun for Halloween! Anja

    ReplyDelete
  3. The total attention to detail and amazingly fun images used here really are incredible. I love the ribbons and bows, what a super-fun Halloween Project!!! thank you Ginny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey.... my comment left out the part where I said I love all the uses of ribbon and fun bows! Love those too!
    anja

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say