Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Altered Clip Board

So the new school year is well underway.
Early mornings and late nights are now of necessity rather than desire to play.  
Books, lunch bags, and back packs cover the living room on a daily basis and I have to remind them (AS I have done for the last DECADE) that their belongings do not go in the living room floor. 
It's all good...just keeps me earning my "MOM OF THE YEAR" status, right??!! LOL 

SO, the Red Head came home and wanted a clip board Like...Now. 
Actually it was more like...
"Moooommmmyy....I need a clip board."
"When"
"Like..NOW. DUH." 

I was NOT going to Walmart that late...
Remember my Valentine fiasco? 

I probably wouldn't have found a clipboard anyway!  The school supplies are STILL sparse today! 
SO, I pulled out this old coach's clipboard that I used when I coached my little one's soccer team and said..."I will alter this and decorate it up for you...will that work?" 
She always gets excited when I offer those things, so I knew it would :) 

SO I set to work.
Clip board
Mod Podge
Trimmer
MME papers 
and Ribbons


WIl all supplies gathered, I started trimming my papers and getting placed in the manner I wanted them. 
I used Mod Podge to glue everything down to the clipboard and let it dry for 15 minutes.
Then cover it all with a top coat and let that dry for 15 minutes.

Once everything is dry, I placed my "NOTES" chipboard letters and glued my big bow to the clip part of the board.  And VOILA!
It is finished and super simple! 

I left it for her to find the next morning before she went to school and she was THRILLED! 
I love how easy it is to satisfy the munchkins sometimes!  

Hope this has given you some inspiration! 
Wal around your house and see what you can find to "REVIVE" and give new life to.  
Ribbon works wonders, ladies...I'm Telling ya!  

Have a HAPPY HUMP DAY!!!
I have to share this one....I see them all over FaceBook, but this one is of my town's very own Constable in Charge!  lol


4 comments :

  1. You will never find anything that pretty in any Wallyland or likely in any other school supply store. No wonder she gets excited when you offer to alter something! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so adorable, I'm sure she is going to love having it this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How clever to alter the clipboard you already had, saving a trip out. I can see why your DD loves it so much! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    Garden of Grace

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a makeover! I bet she was thrilled to have it.

    Hugs,
    Snoopy :D

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say