Monday, September 16, 2013

Chunky Vintage Halloween Mini Album

Hi there! It's Ginny here sharing a fun and festive Vintage Inspired Mini Album I created in the shop this week for my class. The base of the book is paper bags...but folded to make fabulous pockets for tags and pictures. It also makes the album super sturdy and chunky! I even had to add extra large rings : )
The best part???? The wonderful coordinating trims from Really Reasonable Ribbon!
I added the Black Gingham, Satin Scalloped Edge, and Diagonal Stripe to the rings. There are tons of other great choices of ribbons and trims for your Halloween projects in the holiday section. You should hop on over and check em out. Also for my album cover, I added a stamped ticket, chunky rosette and a metal mailing tag rimmed black clock.
The pages inside have pockets that hold tags.  It's a little hard to tell in the picture...but the pumpkin images are raised on foam dots to make them dimensional. I used a funky striped straw as a pocket topper and added Tim Holtz clips as fun metal accents.
There's another rosette as the topper to the tag in this pocket. I added tinsel trim to top this pocket for a little sparkle. There's a fun banner at the top of the right side page to carry the orange over to this side of the book.  The little boy image is on foam dots for dimension.
Another straw..this time in orange. I added a glittery spider web...just because I could and topped it off with another rosette. 
The girlies and I will have lot's of fun creating these albums Tuesday in class. I will also have a limited amount available in the Etsy shop.
Okay..that's it for me. I hope you all have a happy and productive day and find some time to be creative. Ginny from Polly's : )

2 comments :

  1. Ginny, that is one cute!!! mini album, very nicely designed and truly showcase RRR so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mini Hallowe'en album is soooo sweet! I love all the little vintage pieces and papers you used. A wonderful project! :)

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say