Sunday, September 29, 2013

All Tied Up "For You"

Let's talk yellow and purple today with the Really Reasonable Ribbon Seam Binding Forwythia ribbon also I used the Jumbo Leaves, Moss Green to add that oriental touch to the cup.  I wanted to add some subtle texture with my ribbon without spending an elaborate amount of time doing so.   When the Kimonos are all tied up, the knots look just gorgeous and perfectly plump in the middle.  This is exactly what I tried to add to my project for today.
 
These are indeed just simple knots, but when you pull the ribbon place your fingers close to the center of the knot and keep your nails up under the ribbon that forms the center so that it stays straight and plump looking.
Then all you have to do is try to space the knots out perfectly so that the lovely knot centers are at the edge of the cup!  Sounds easier than it actually is, but try try again!    I decided to cut the edges of the ribbon down quite close to the knot so more of the cup shaped card would show and added pearls to the center of the knots. 
Here is my project today with the Shape EZ template and LOTV copic colored stamp. 

You will find more information on my blog, If you get a chance to visit, be sure to join my candy as well!  
Hugs,
Tammy Louise  

3 comments :

  1. That is adorable!!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful idea and presented perfectly. Love the cup and the Oriental girl is coloured so well!
    Higs, Candy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how gorgeous!

    Hugs,
    Snoopy :D

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say