Thursday, September 19, 2013

Ribbon Flowers By Jenn Cochran

Hello RRR friends and fans!  It me, Jenn! So glad you could join me today.  If you participated in our blog hop you know that I promised a tutorial on how to make ribbon flowers.  I hope this inspires you to make a few of these fun little flowers.  The ribbon I used is from the September Ribbon Club; Diamond Satin Tangerine and Flowers Grosgrain Ribbon.


1. I started off my ribbon flowers with a 6 inch x 5/8 inch piece of Diamond Satin Tangerine ribbon.  I have also used a needle and thread.  I suggest to use a thread color similar to the color of your ribbon.

2. I Cut my ribbon edge straight.  Then fold one corner at an angle down to make it even with the bottom edge of the ribbon.

3. I rolled my ribbon to the end of the fold creating the center of  my flower.  

4. I took my needle and thread (thread with a knot in the end) and sewed the bottom part of my roll together securing it so that it will not come unrolled while I create the rest of the flower.  I left my thread attached to the flower center with the needle just dangling out of the way (you can see this is picture 5.)

5. I folded a section (about a 1/2 inch) of the ribbon back away from me.  Rolled the center of my flower till the ribbon was completely open again.  Secured with thread.  Repeat by folding back in 1/2 inch sections, rolling, and securing with thread.  When I reached the end of the ribbon, I secured it towards the bottom of the flower with thread and knot.  Cut thread away.  

6. I Pushed and smashed at my ribbon flowers till I achieve the look I desired.  




Thank you so much for stopping by!  
If you want to see more RRR inspiration from me go HERE.

JENN

Supplies:
Ribbon: September Ribbon Club
Image: Paper Nest Dolls-Lil Miss Hollywood
Paper: MME-Remarkable
Copics:
YR-000,09,12,15,21,24,68
E-000,04,11,21,59
R-20,39,46,89
Y000,21,32
C00,7
B-0000,02

4 comments :

  1. What lovely little ribbon flowers and I love how you placed them in your bow!! Thanks for the sharing your step by step tutorial!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    Garden of Grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look so cute on your bow! Love your photos and that sweet card design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the tutorial. I've often wondered how these were made. I must try them!! Your card is super cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are fantastic! I can't wait to give them a go.

    Hugs,
    Snoopy :D

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say