Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Not A Nerd!

..He just loves to Read! :)

My kiddos just went back to school yesterday.   THREE SOLID MONTHS with them at home has driven This Mama slap dab INSANE! LOL

In honor and CELEBRATION of the first day, I did a little layout...
The title:
"Not a Nerd...just love to Read" 
may be a long one, but sums these pictures up perfectly.

In 3rd grade, Dayne, at the age of 9 got awarded with his name on a plaque to hang in the school library to boast his accomplishments
 of getting the most AR (Accelerated Reader) points in the 
WHOLE ENTIRE SCHOOL. 
I was sooooo proud of him! 

In 4th grade...GUESS WHAT??
He got that award AGAIN!  
TWO YEARS IN A ROW he read the most 
and got the most AR points in the school.
His name is now on that plaque TWICE.
His Assistant principal was so proud of him...but she told 
the rest of the 4th grade that they better give him some competition
 in 5th grade! LOL  Dayne grinned and said NAAAH! 

 **The actual photos came off of my phone so the quality is not that great. **
I used ribbon and jute along with strips of the patterned papers to create a layered look...and 3 D red paint to make a faux stitched border around the edges. 
I also wrote a few of my favorite quotes about reading around the inside borders. 
  I based my layout on this sketch by Diana Fisher:
I LOVE how it turned out!

So, they are officially back to school, and Dayne told his librarian that he WILL get his name on that plaque this year...and make it an all time record of 3 years in a row. 
Little does he realize...he has already broken the record with TWO years in a row!  LOL
I am a proud Mama :)
Have a WONDERFUL  Day! 


2 comments :

  1. Misty, what a fabulous school page!! Love how you used the burlap and dot ribbon!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    Garden of Grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. How adorable! What a positively joyful scrap page :) Congratulations to you, too - reading is a beautiful gift!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say