Monday, January 17, 2011

Tuesday's ribbony goodies

I had what I thought was a great idea for a card for today, using the January Ribbon Club Assortment of pretty Valentines ribbons in pinks and reds, but sometimes what you see in your head at 3 a.m. while your husband is snoring next to you and you can't sleep, doesn't necessarily translate to what happens when you sit at your desk!  So, I have a confession to make.  This is not a new card, and it's nothing like what I had planned on making for today, but you will just have to live with it!  LOL  I'm sorry.  However, I like this card, and it can be made using all ribbon or a mix of ribbon and strips of patterned paper and card.  In principle it's the same as this one, which is sewn on, and I have also made brooches the same way in the past (no pics, sorry.)

Thanks for looking, and hopefully by next Tuesday what I see in my head will be able to translate into something worth uploading here!

8 comments :

  1. It might not be what you imagined, but it is an awesome card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a gorgeous card

    hugs linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful, and such a gorgeous way to use up some ribbon scraps. I have TONS of ribbon in jars, and I have the overwhelming urge to go through them right now looking for "heart" material- love this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No worries about not posting something new...I love how you used the ribbons for this heart...sometimes we have to be reminded about great ideas like this one! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous idea! Love using up those pretty scraps

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say