Thursday, January 27, 2011

Boys' Bookmarks

Today I don't have any doilies or ruffles or pink. Nope. Today, I have a project for my two boys, who love to read. As a former English teacher, I really want to encourage them to keep up that good habit. I buy them books. I read with them. We celebrate when they finish a book. So for our next celebration, I made them each a cute little bookmark.

Boys' Bookmarks

Each bookmark was created with a 12" strip of ribbon topped with chipboard and finished with a layered circle and their initials. For the soccer bookmark, I used 7/8 Inch Black Gingham, Red 3/8 Inch Red Rik Rak, and Cherry Baker's Twine. And on the helicopter bookmark, I used 3/8 Inch Dark Grey Grosgrain and Oyster Baker's Twine.

This was such a quick and simple project, buy my boys are going to love it. I think I'll make some more. Maybe I'll do some with hearts at the bottom to give them with their Valentine treats. Or maybe some with crosses for them to use in their Bibles. So many possibilities!

Thanks for stopping by today! Aphra

11 comments :

  1. i think they are gorcieus!

    love desiree

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them, great idea. Thank you for sharing.
    hugs Dorte

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi What a super idea and to celebrate finishing a book super idea and you are a cool mum !! Kitty :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are just so super awesome. What a great project idea. Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Bear Hugs,
    Carol :O}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my these are so cute, thanks for the idea my boys are always asking to make bookmarks and I have never made anything fun. . .just boring! Very cute thanks for sharing!
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  6. che belli complimenti e congratulazioni alla vincitrice ciao

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw! those are adorable. Im happy to see some boy things.

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely idea ! Nice boy/man gift ! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. How clever and so cute......I have several bookmarks in my bible....just never thought to make me one.....thank you for sharing....

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say