Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Fishing Net or Jute Ribbon? :)




Hello! Boy did I have fun with today's card. I so love this Cream Jute Ribbon from the Really Reasonable Ribbon Store! When I first saw it I immediately thought of a fishing net, then Our Daily Bread Designs stamps came out with these wonderful Christian Fish symbol stamps that will be released on February 1st, and I saw a perfect match! LOL!!


Here I stamped the image on crumb cake/kraft paper and then distressed it with some walnut stain distress ink. The background panel was stamped with the fish background stamp (also from ODBD to be released Feb. 1st), and also distressed. I then placed the wonderful cream jute ribbon over the background, and the fish image over the jute ribbon! Simple, yet powerful! :)


Thanks so much for visiting today! For more project with ribbon from the Really Reasonable Ribbon store, you can head over to my blog!


Connie

Card Details:
Image: Christian Fish Symbol - Jesus - ODBD
Paper: Kraft/crumb cake, soft suede, early espresso
Inks: Walnut stain distress ink
Accessories: Antique Brass Brads, Cream Jute Ribbon from the Really Reasonable Ribbon store, distressing tool, sponge

4 comments :

  1. How about both!! I Love your card:) Great texture!
    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card done up with this ribbon. I can also see it used as burlap on a country syle card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply beautiful Connie. Thank you for always inspiring me

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say