Monday, October 18, 2010

Two Butterflies....


...were just what this mini-canvas needed to add the last touch of color and dimension. The butterflies, from Jenni Bowlin, are available in the embellishments category on the Really Reasonable Ribbon website. Speaking of ribbon, I used three glitzy styles to add some twinkle to this piece. (By the way, I started with a square canvas from the dollar bins in the kids' section at Michael's. I used gesso to cover the pre-printed design.) The ribbons are: red glitz ribbon, sparkling velvet black, and stars in line silver. Aren't they GREAT? As always, I can always find the perfect ribbon to add that special touch to my project when I visit the Really Reasonable Ribbon store! PS: I'm going to add some new cards to my Creative Card Cafe blog later today and many of them also use ribbon in simple, easy ways. I'd love it if you would stop by to say hi! Enjoy. :)Debbie L.


4 comments :

  1. I love your artwork! There are so many different layers and things to draw you into it!
    Thanks for sharing! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous canvas! So funny, I just saw these the other day and thought that there must be something to do with them. Thanks for the great idea. Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the music notes on the butterfly. Adorable canvas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous creation. The ribbon looks fantastic. What a wonderful mix of elements.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say