Monday, October 25, 2010

Guest Designer - Karen Maldonado

Hello and happy Monday to you!! It's Karen here, and I am thrilled that Bonnie asked me to share some NEW creations I've made with you today!!

I love to design my cards, projects, and scrapbook layouts with ribbons, lace, twine, satin, etc. and I must tell you that Really Reasonable Ribbon has such a vast variety of ribbons to meet anyone's crafty taste!! Right now, I'd love to show you two of my favorite styles to create..vintage & shabby!!

First, I have this vintage style card that I am sharing with you today!! When I saw that huge wired ribbon, I knew straight away that I would be folding it!! To add more vintage feel, I layered the wire ribbon with some crocheted lace!!


Additionally, if you look closely you can see the lavendar reversible ribbon peeking through beneath the crocheted lace that wraps around the long heart!! To top of my card, I added some Licorice Baker's twine around a beautiful May Arts stick pin and tied it up into a bow!! So, here's a close up for you so that you can see the details up close!! Feel free to click on the images, if you would like!!


Check this out, I used all these GORGEOUS ribbons, lace & twine all on my vintage card:


Then, for my second card, I went a little shabby! The beautiful pink wrinkled ribbon has been gathered toward the top of the ribbon with some thread, and then I tied the thread into a knot to form this beautiful backing for my big flower embellisment& sentiment.

Right beneath my embellishment, I decided to run some fabulous pink crocheted ribbon, and then topped it off by adding the Spring Green Satin Ribbon on top of the crocheted lace!!

Here's a close-up view showing the sweet button embellisment I added to the Spring Green Ribbon bow! I also added some Cotton Candy Bakers Twine through the buttons and tied it up into a bow and added a sweet little pink pearl!!


And..can you believe, I used these STUNNING ribbons, laces, & twine all on my shabby card!!


So, again..thank you to Bonnie for letting me share my cards today, and for letting me design today's creations with these FABULOUS Really Reasonable Ribbon's!!!

If you would like, come visit my blog! I'd love for your to drop by!!

Have a wonderful week!!

Hugs,
Karen


7 comments :

  1. These are just beautiful! Love the vintage and shabby look also, and you did it proud.
    Love the extra details to make these cards

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous!!! I love ribbon and these are so pretty!! How did you cut the shape for your sentiment? I love that too!!

    http://www.scrappininthewoods.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful cards! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so very much Karen for the inspiration and for being a Guest Designer here at Really Reasonable Ribbon. Love your work

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Karen, they made a great pick, you do awesome cards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all the wonderful comments! It was my pleasure to work with these awesome products and your comments are very much appreciated!

    Josie0602 - if you would like to see all the details on the products I used for these cards, you can visit my blog: http://reallifeinpictures.blogspot.com/2010/10/guest-designer-spot-on-really.html

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say