Thursday, September 24, 2015

Ghostly Haunts

Hi there crafty peeps!  I am back today to share an adorably spooky card I created with adorable Halloween stamps from the Fun Stampers Journey Ghostly Haunts set and two of the ribbons from the September Ribbon Club Assortment.




First, I stamped the largest pumpkin onto Copic paper and then masked it off.  I then stamped the small pumpkin over the large one, so that when I removed the mask it was behind it.  I then masked the large pumpkin again and stamped the large ghost over it, so when the mask was removed it looks like it is floating behind the pumpkin.  I then stamped the small Ghost separately.  I stamped the funny faces onto each ghost.  I colored all of the images with my Copic markers and then fussy cut them out.

I cut a rectangle out of Canson Watercolor Cardstock with one of my Cross Stitch Die-Namics.  I blended several distress inks onto the cardstock (Chipped Sapphire, Seedless Preserves, Ripe Persimmon, Mustard Seed, Forest Moss, and Black Soot) and sprayed it with a mini mister filled with water.  This helped even out and blend the colors even more.  I adhered the large ghost and pumpkins down to the dry background.  I then popped up the small ghost with foam tape and adhered that next to the large ghost.  I die cut a rickety fence in Black Licorice cardstock and adhered that in front of the pumpkins.  I heat embossed the sentiment onto the same Black Licorice cardstock with White embossing powder and fussy cut it out.  I popped the sentiment up with foam tape and adhered it in the middle of the panel.

I then created an A2 sized card base with Black Licorice cardstock and patterned paper from the FSJ Treat Time Prints pack.  I then wrapped Black and White Houndstooth Ribbon and Celery Chevron Twill Ribbon around the middle of the card base.  I popped the focal panel up with foam tape and adhered it slightly off to the left center of the card base.  I then created a quadruple loop bow with my Bow-It-All tool and the same twill ribbon from the band.  I adhered that to the middle right side of the card with my hot glue gun.  I adhered the entire card to a Whip Cream A2 side folded card.  As a final accent I covered both ghosts and the fence with Journey Glaze.

I hope you enjoy this cute but spooky card for Halloween.  Thanks for joining me today, and make sure to head on over to the Really Reasonable Ribbon store for all of your Halloween and Fall themed ribbons.  Have a wonderful day!

No comments :

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear what you have to say