Tuesday, September 22, 2015

CAS Cards And Not So CAS Tag

Hey there Paper Peeps! I challenged myself to get outside my comfort zone and try out a new crafty style. For me that would be Clean and Simple. I know I tend to go a little overboard with the layers and trimmy bits....but I thought I might stretch myself creatively.  I created 4 Beautiful Butterfly Greeting Cards that I believe qualify as CAS...but I relapsed into my old ways  while I had the supplies on the table and went ahead and made a tag that is more my regular style. I hope you enjoy both : )
 I printed a sheet of my Butterfly Circles Digital Collage, clipped them out and punched a border from black cardstock and layered them up on a printed doily. I found the doilies in the Halloween section at Michael's.  I chose a lovely subtly patterned paper and embossed it for texture. Another black border and added that to a card base. Once I had four cards complete I bundled them up and tied them together with additional ribbon and a metal rimmed mailing tag topped with a fun embellishment and clipped on with wooden clothes pin .  Wide Black Plaid Ribbon. Narrow Black Plaid Ribbon.
So that's my take on Clean and Simple.  Now for my take on add as much stuff as I want style. Beautiful Butterfly Tag.
Additional RRR supplies~ Black Burlap String, Turquoise Sweetheart Blossoms.
Okay that's all for me. Wishing you all a happy and productive day with lots of time to be creative : ) G

1 comment :

  1. How very gorgeous! The gingham really rocks these tags! So beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say