Monday, December 30, 2013

Stamping on Ribbon

RRR December 30 10

Stamping on Ribbon

Really Reasonable Ribbon

Welcome all you fabulous ribbon lovers! It's Kathy here to share a  a fun way to customize ribbon for whatever project you are making. How? Well, by stamping on ribbon, of course! Have you ever done it? It's super easy, quick and fun to do.

Santa brought me the new Couture paper from Graphic 45. (OK...I bought it for myself. But I didn't let myself use it until after Christmas, so it felt like a Christmas present!) I love the colors in this pad, but I simply could not find the "right" ribbon to use with my creation. And here's where Really Reasonable Ribbon and my stamp pad came to my rescue. I found this wonderful cream seam binding in my stash of Really Reasonable ribbon. It is smooth and silky...perfect for stamping. I found a tape measure stamp in my stash and pulled out my Monarch Orange Archival ink and went to town to create this custom ribbon for my stylish card.

RRR December 30 04
Isn't it cool? I was able to perfectly match the dress in the patterned paper!

RRR December 30 02

To do this, simply lay your ribbon out on a smooth surface, ink up your stamp with the color of your choice and stamp away. Let it dry for a second or two (or you can use your heat gun if you are careful) and your ribbon is ready to tie.

RRR December 30 03

I also added some of the Natural Jute String on top of the triple loop bow. Which was easy to tie, because I used my fabby new Bow it All tool. (And, it just so happens that Bonnie is having a great End of the Year Sale through midnight tonight, so you can save 20% off the regular price if you order by then. Of course all the ribbons...even sale ribbons...and flowers and bitty bags are on sale, too! So make sure you check it out.)

RRR December 30 06

This is a fun style of card to make. I call it my "fun fold" design. I score the front of a 5" x7" card every 1 5/8" then fold it so that the first fold from the open end is a mountain fold, the second a valley fold and the third is another mountain fold. This makes the card function almost like a mini book so you can really have fun decorating it.

RRR December 30 07

I added sweet Ivory Crochet Lace and some adorable Wild Orchid Sweetheart Blossoms in two-tone brown as accents on the pages.

RRR December 30 08

I also used more of the ivory seam binding and jute string on the tags.

RRR December 30 12

The crochet lace works so well with these vintage papers.

RRR December 30 11

I am in love with the Sweetheart blossoms!

RRR December 30 13

And that's it for me today, my friends. I hope you will give stamping on ribbon a try if you haven't done it yet. It's such a great way to customize ribbon. Feel free to drop by my blog  Kathy by Design to see more of my projects.

Until next time,

Cheerio,

kathy

RRR December 30 14

No comments :

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear what you have to say