Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Masculine Twill!




Hello! It's Connie again! Well, my husband's birthday was last week (actually it was on Valentines day) and I needed to make him a card. When you think masculine you may not normally think of ribbon. However I do have a few "go to" ribbons for manly cards. One being twill! Two of my favorites for Masculine cards are cream and black. As you can see here, I decided to go with the black twill tape! I love using twill...it ties wonderfully into a a bow or just a simple knot, which is what I have done here, since I was going for that masculine look! Twill does come in many different colors, and the Really Reasonable Ribbon store has lots to choose from!!


Now on to the rest of my card. When I saw this image and sentiment from DRS designs I knew I had to get it for my husband! Here I have inked the sentiment and image with craft black and heat embossed it with clear EP on glossy card stock covered with Tim Holtz Alcohol inks. The DP is from Basic Grey's Indian Summer package, and the base was embossed with the distressed lines cuttlebug embossing folder.


Thanks so much for visiting! For more projects using Really Reasonable Ribbon, you can head over to my blog!

Connie


Card Details:
Images: Silhouette Hiker - DRS Designs
Inks: Craft Black, Alcohol Inks
Paper: Basic Black, Glossy White, Tangerine Tango, Basic Grey Indian Summer DP
Accessories: Distressed Lines Cuttlebug Folder, Twill Tape from Really Reasonable Ribbon Store, clear EP, Heat Gun

1 comment :

  1. Thats a great manly card, and I also knot when using ribbon for a man's card.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say