Thursday, September 7, 2017

Rub a Dub Dub Altered Washboard with Ribbon and Flowers

Hello, Ribbon Lovers!  Kathy here with a quick and easy home decor project.  One of my favorite leisure activities is going junkin'.  I just love searching for vintage items that can be upcycled.  While out shopping with my sister, I found the cutest vintage washboard and you can bet your life that it ended up in my card faster than you can say rub a dub dub!  I dressed it up with some gorgeous Really Reasonable Ribbon, WOC Mulberry Flowers, Burlap String and some paper pretties from Simple Stories new Vintage Blessings Collection. 


Because I loved the typography and the engraved bee, I kept all my decorations very simple and on the bottom portion of the washhboard.

 
This 3/4" Pink Chevron Striped Twill Ribbon is topped with loopy Natural Burlap String Bows and creamy White WOC Magnolia Blossoms.  The 6" x 8" sentiment panel is stitched onto corrugate paper.  I kept the embellies to a minimum, adding just a couple pieces of chipboard, some washi tape, a few buttons from my stash, mini clothespins and the pretty bow clusters.


And speaking of laundry....I can hear my dryer buzzing, so it's time for me to go switch loads. I don't know about you, but I'm awfully thankful that the only use I have for a washboard is as home decor!  Thank God for my washing machine!

Thanks for stopping by!
Cheerio,
kathy
 

1 comment :

We'd love to hear what you have to say