Saturday, March 17, 2012

Really Reasonable Guest Designer Tami Mayberry

Hello! Tami Mayberry here and I am very excited to be today's Really Reasonable Ribbon guest designer. I "met" Bonnie a few months ago while setting up her sponsorship week for the CPS card sketch blog. After seeing all of the gorgeous ribbons and trims in the Really Reasonable Ribbon store I was in awe and excited to see some of my all time favorite ribbons being sold there. Bonnie asked if I would like to be a guest on the Really Reasonable Ribbon blog and without hesitation I said "Of course!!".

As I mentioned, Really Reasonable Ribbon carries some of my all time favorite ribbons. Many of which I already own. Such as...

May Arts wrinkled ribbon (in lots of colors!)


(just to name a few!)

Once I finished drooling over the selection and finally decided which ribbons to use (which was probably the most difficult task of all!) I went to work on my cards. 

As I mentioned previously, Bonnie is an upcoming prize sponsor at CPS and will be sponsoring all next week starting tomorrow, March 18.  So, first off, I thought I would share the card I created for the CPS challenge. 

It's always fun to use multiple styles of ribbon on a card. 
For this card, I picked Dark Brown Mini Ric Rac and Aqua Seam Binding.
Patterned papers: My Mind's Eye; Stamp: Inky Antics; Markers: Shinhan Touch Twin.

Another fun way to use multiple ribbons on a card is to layer them together. For this card I layered two different styles of ribbon. I used the Red Double Ruffle ribbon (a new favorite!!) and Black Mini Ric Rac. I also added some black pearl accents.

Stamps: Gina K Designs All Occasion Tags; Ink: Clearsnap; Dies: Spellbinders

As you can see, I am a very clean and simple card maker. But, even with that, pretty much every card I make has ribbon and gems or pearls. For me that is really the only embellishment needed for the perfect card. With the great prices and huge selection of colors and styles, I will definitely be a Really Reasonable Ribbon customer for quite some time and hope you will check out the selection as well. 

I also have 2 more cards posted on my blog as well. 
One features ribbons from the Swiss Dot Brights Assortment.

The other design I have to share features layering of a 5/8" stitched ribbon with Turquoise Mini Ric Rac and accented with Hot Pink pearls.

I hope you'll stop by my blog for a visit soon! 
And, a huge thanks to Bonnie for having me today. 
Have a great weekend!!
~Tami








8 comments :

  1. Tami is is wonderful to see you here as a guest.
    All of these cards are beautiful and such creative use of the ribbons sweetie.
    Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tami! Glad to see you here, and love your ribbon treatments! Thanks for sharing, and Happy St. Pat's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your cards Tami! Thanks so much for guest designing for us today at Really Reasonable Ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards as always Tami. Thanks so much for joining us at Really Reasonable Ribbon!

    Hugs,
    True :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super SWEET cards hun!! Love your choices of RRR, and congratulations on your guest designer spot :)
    Hugs,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tami, I know EXACTLY what you mean about all the beautiful ribbons and having to just DECIDE which ones to choose to create with! Beautiful cards, by the way!!!!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say