Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Guest Designer....Carisa Zglobicki!


I am REALLY super excited! When I got the email from Bonnie asking me if I'd like to be a guest designer for RRR I did a little happy dance, I really did, just ask my girls! *giggle* They think I'm a nut and yes, they definitely understand what mommy means when she talks about Design Teams. Anyhow, I'm just so excited to be here. My name is Carisa Zglobicki and I have a lil blog called Lady Guinevere's Inky Faeries. I also recently started an ezine called Designed To Color. I love RRR - they have such an incredible variety of ribbons and trims, I like to buy sample packs with a little bit of everything and I hoard WAY too much of it so I am still hanging onto pieces of my favorite stretchy ruffle gingham ribbon that is just fab. 




This month, though, when I saw the colors of the March Assortment, I knew I wanted to play with those and when they arrived, I fell in LOVE with the glitter ribbon. It comes in both the gorgeous coral and the teal blue. I didn't realize it but I used the coral glitter ribbon on both my cards - I guess you could say I'm obsessed with it! The patterns and texture in this ribbon assortment are incredible! I love them all and can be sure to be using them on many more projects. For today, I have 3 to share:




My first card uses the glitter ribbon in the coral from the March Assortment Pack. It matched beautifully with this October Afternoon Modern Homemaker paper pack I recently acquired. I know it's an older line but seriously timeless! I received some new stamps from Unity Stamp Co. & this itty bitty called Motherhood is a Verb was like it was made for this paper! I just had to pair them together. I really do love this card and I was thinking it would make a nice non traditional card to a  new mom but after the day I had yesterday, I think I might just frame it as a gentle reminder to myself! *giggle*




My next project I stepped out of my comfort zone a little. I have two little girls ages 5 & 6 and they are pretty girly - they love painted nails, playing princesses and ribbons in their hair. I had these clips lying around in my stash so I tried my hand at making some VERY simple clips. I used two of the pattern grosgrain ribbons from the March Assortment & I adore how they turned out and my girls haven't stopped wearing them!!! I will be making some more I'm sure of it! Might even be a nice way to use up those little pieces you always have left over when making bows. I don't know about you but I ALWAYS have odd pieces of ribbon lying around I never know what to do with but just can't seem to toss. :) What's great, is RRR actually carries a TON of alterables for hair pretties in their store - Here, TAKE A LOOK, there are clips and headbands and more!

So, that's what I have to share...Oh, wait! I said THREE projects, right?! Well, I do have a third waiting on MY BLOG for you - I hope you will hop over and take a looksie. I think it might be my fav. Here is a sneak peek:




I hope you enjoyed my popping by with some fun projects for you today. I am truly honored for the opportunity and hope I gave you some fun ideas!

Hugs,

Carisa Zglobicki

8 comments :

  1. Great card and hair clips Carisa. Thanks so much for guest designing for us today at Really Reasonable Ribbon! Now I'm off to see that third card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha...I'd be happy dancing too! Great job on your projects here today, and congrats on your guest spot! I love, love, love RRR's products! Okay, off to visit you at YOUR blog now! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited to see you joining us! You did a spectacular job with your assortment and it has been our pleasure sweetie.
    Ok I have to see your third project

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carisa!!!!! You know I love you and your work! Your projects are awesome! So glad you could join us on RRRR!

    Hugs,
    True :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really love the vintage card! Welcome to the RRR family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such cute projects and CONGRATS to Divinity on the win :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay Carisa!! Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just beautiful! Thank you for designing with us today!!!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say