Monday, March 12, 2012

Looking Good In Green

Hello,
How are you doing today? Did you have a great weekend?

Wanted to share a cute project I made for a friend today Now I knew I wanted to do this project for Really Reasonable Ribbon and have such a supply of ribbon that I haven't even used.
I grabbed my ribbon assortment from last month with all the fun greens.

No Sewing Involved
A cute little bag to give to a friend for St Paddy's Day!
See I only used a couple snips for my ribbon hop project last month,and I added a smaller canvas bag that was in my supplies.
 Started by measuring and making lite marks near the bottom and about half way to the top. I made these marks wide enough to layer the ribbons in my set.

My hot glue gun came out and I started working small sections at a time. I just used my fingers to scrunch the ribbon as I added the row.
 Here you can see I have a few layers started. I made sure to add extra glue near the ends to keep the ribbon  from pulling off

See how each layer looks a little different, and can be spaced to your liking. You never see the lines after you put the glue and ribbon so it really served its purpose to keep my lines pretty straight.
 Wanted to share a close up of the finished rows and how I added 1/4" White Satin.
It really finished off the rows, and also to the top of the tote and worked to add a couple bows.
Just wanted to share  how easy this project is to make and fun to use so many different types of ribbons and have a gift on hand for those special people in your life.
Are you a Ribbon of the Month subscriber? It is such a great way to try many ribbons and have a great assortment.



post signature

6 comments :

  1. Stunning project!! Love the green ribbons and design!!
    Hugs
    Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is so gorgeous. Love those pretty green ribbons. I soo want to try this, so thanks for showing how you did it. Hope you don't mind if I PIN !! :-)
    Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun bag!! I love the ruffles:)
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say