Saturday, January 14, 2012

Valentine's Hair Pretties

Hi everyone!  
Hope you are having a great Saturday!!!!
Today I wanted to share with you how I made the bow
and feather clippies from yesterday's Blog Hop Post.

First, for the Bow, I used the January Ribbon Club Assortment.
I used the 3/8 width ribbons...
the pink w/hearts, pink w/lips, red w/hearts and the white double ruffle.
I made a korker style bow for my munchkin for Valentine's Day. 
>>>HERE<<< is the detailed tutorial for that style bow.

My Skye modeling her new bow:


Front view of Bow:

Back view of bow with the french clip attached:

For the Feathers...
I used:

*  I did try a variety of the different clips and loved them all, but the heart clip was my favorite to work with...AND PERFECT FOR VALENTINES DAY!!



I have created a simple step by step tutorial for you to print off and use if you
 would like to try to make some of these clips. 


For the clips with Dangling feathers, you will do pretty
 much the same with only a few adjustments. 

I actually have already made SEVERAL of these clips!  
My 11 year old wanted one for ALL of her friends! LOL

I hope this easy picture tutorial helps you to make your own feather clips.  
If you have any question I will be glad to help you out!

Oh...and before I go, I want to say Happy BIRTHDAY
to my oldest child.  He is 15 today!!

Thanks for visiting us today!!
Have a Fantabulous Day!!!


9 comments :

  1. Happy birthday to your young boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great projects...love them both :) Happy Birthday to your Son :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific tutorial Misty. Feather hair clips are so popular right now.
    I hope your son has a wonderful birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Happy Birthday, Tamon!!! Love the clips and bow/barrettes. Enjoy your day off!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those hair bows are so cute. My girls would LOVE these.
    Happy Birthday to your son.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday to your son.
    These hair pieces you share are always so wonderful-fun use of the ribbons.
    Your little one looks adorable with it in her hair

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy B/Day, hope he has a super day!!
    Thanks for the tute, you made it easy and fun, gonna try this for my friends lil one......:))
    And does'nt she look ever so cute with that bow, like a real Belle of the Ball!!
    lotsa luv

    ReplyDelete
  8. Misty,

    How cute are those hair accessories??The curly ribbon clip would have looked so cute in my daughter's super curly hair. The feather clips are so pretty, too. Thank you for sharing your tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooo! Fabulous projects! :) Happy birthday to your DS! :)

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say