Thursday, January 5, 2012

Ribbon with Scrapbooking

Way back in October when we did our monthly Blog Hop, Bonnie asked you all what you would like to see more of featured on the blog.  A few of you answered "scrapbook layouts"...as did some of you from the question a few days ago.  You want to see ideas on how to use ribbon on your scrapbooking layouts. 
Well, I have done a couple of layouts since then, and today I want to take the opportunity to show them to you and tell you how I used the ribbon on each. 

Here is "Pouty Face":
It features 2 ribbons from the RRR store...

I used the pink gingham as a bottom border for my photo and made a bow accent to go with my embellishment cluster.
The lace serves as the base of my layered borders.   

I also did a Christmas layout that was featured with one of the December Challenges. 
I wanted to show it again and tell you about the ribbon that I used.

Here is "I Do Believe":
I used 4 different ribbons on this one to make my ribbon banner.
topped with aqua seam binding.


To make the banner, I cut each "flag" piece and sealed the ends with a lighter.
I layered them just how I wanted them and then ran a straight stitch across the tops to bind them together. 
Then, I tied loose knots in the seam binding and attached it to the top of the banner using fabric glue. 

I LOVE scrapbooking and ribbon is one of my passions. 
When I combine the 2, the results always make me happy!!!
I hope I have helped you a little bit today and given you ideas for using ribbon on your layouts.  Thanks for visiting me today and have a Magnificent Day!







5 comments :

  1. Fabulous layouts, love using ribbon is LO's I think it gives any project an elegant look!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely and a great layout:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, wow! What a gorgeous use of ribbon--gonna CASE these ideas to make some cards! :)

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say