Friday, October 7, 2011

Fall Fun with Ribbon!

Hi everyone! First let me just start off by saying how thrilled and excited I was when Bonnie asked me to guest design for Really Reasonable Ribbon! I love all the ribbons that she always has in stock in the store! There is always the latest trends from bakers twines to seam binding ribbon as well as the old favorites like satin ribbons and ric rac! And not to mention Bonnie and her team are just the sweetest! So thank you again Bonnie for having me!


When I first saw the beautiful Autumn Diamond Satin Assortment, I knew just what I wanted to make with it! The lovely colors of the ribbons and the way they were folded just screamed a turkey's feathers to me! So that's what I did, I made some turkeys with them!! I made a Thanksgiving Dinner invite and a Turkey Candle/Placecard Setting.

I used a simple $1 candle and turned it into a Turkey that can be displayed on your Thanksgiving Dinner table as a placecard setting. And then your guests can then take them home as a special gift! Just use the top of the candle as the base for the feathers. First, fold some small pieces of ribbon in half and add a dab of hot glue on one end to hold it together. Use a few different color ribbons, at different lengths. Then glue one by one around the top of the candle, in two rows.


Then using some removable glue dots, so it can be easily removed for lighting, adhere the finished turkey feathers lid to the back of the candle with the "feathers" behind and above the top of the jar. Then decorate as desired!

For the card/invite I did the same procedure with the ribbons onto a piece of round chipboard, which I covered with patterned paper, to make the turkey.


 Using the same gorgeous Autumn Ribbon Assortment, I made a pumpkin decoration. I took some real mini pumpkins and hot glued them together. I then decorated it with the ribbons by making a multiple colored bow. The bow can be made easily by using the Bow Easy Tool.  I also used some Natural Jute String  and some fun Moss Jute Ribbon!



And lastly, one of my favorite things in the shop is, of course, the seam binding and bakers twine! I just had to make a Halloween card using the Orange Seam Binding and super cool Halloween Bakers twines! I used both the orange/black (will be back in stock soon!) and orange/white twines.  For more projects to come, just visit my blog HERE.

I hope you all have a lovely Fall and wonderful Halloween!!

Hugs....
Melissa





8 comments :

  1. Melissa, your projects are absolutely GORGEOUS!!!! LOVE that turkey candle! I will be doing that this Thanksgiving! Super cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What terrific Thanksgiving projects Melissa. You are so creative!! Thanks so much for guest designing for us today at RRR.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWWW..what great Autumn decor! Love the ribbon for the turkey feathers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww Melissa your projects are just DARLING hun!!! I LOVE the ribbons you used!!! Beautiful job on the turkey feathers (ribbon) toooo sweet!!!!
    Hugs,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun and creative way to use those pretty ribbons! AWESOME projects!

    Hugs,
    True :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a clever and crafty Thanksgiving project. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You used some the yummiest products- love a texture on ribbons.
    Your projects are simply adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fun projects! I especially love those pumpkins!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say