Thursday, June 16, 2016

Sunshine and Honeybees

Hello, Friends!  Kathy here with a summery Sunshine and Honeybees project made with the fabulous Citrus Ribbon Assortment from the RRR June Ribbon Club.
I call this card the Orange Blossom Special because of all the wonderful shades of yellow, gold and tangerine.  I paired images and papers from the Bee's Knees Creativity Kit (Polly's Paper Studio Shop) with the Tangerine Cross Hatch Satin Ribbon and Maize Diamond Satin to form a a belly band.  Then, because I liked the combo so much, I created a double loop/triple loop bow with the same two ribbons.
I tied a square knot around the top of my banner flag with Maize Honeycomb Satin.  Instead of tossing my ribbon scraps in the trash, I shaped the cut end, stapled them together and tucked them beneath the image of the bee.  I will be doing this again, as I really like the way it turned out!
I created a couple of pockets on the inside of the card.
More little snips of ribbon here, and some sweet treats to go inside the pockets.
And because I was having such fun playing with ribbon and bees and flowers, I went ahead and built a little Post it Note Wallet.  I only used the Maize Diamond Satin on this one, but I do love how pretty it turned out.
I really love the extra layer of texture and subtle pattern this ribbon adds. Just a touch of black burlap string was needed beneath the burlap sunflower to tie everything together.
The inside has a slash pocket, a couple of tags and a nice 4x6 Post it Pad.  Now writing down your to-do list will put you in a good mood!

Thanks for stopping by!
Cheerio, 
kathy

4 comments :

  1. Fabulous Kathy - our work is always stunning! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. This BEE likes the Bee creation. Have a Bee-utiful day!
    Melissa
    "Sunshne HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning and beautiful layers with the bee. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. The projects are just beautiful! I love the way you used the ribbons under the papers and around the the cards. I like the idea of the paper pad holder, very nice.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say