Monday, June 6, 2016

Mixed Media Butterfly Card and Snapguide Tutorial

Hello, Friends!  I'm so glad you stopped by today, because I have a really fabulous Mixed Media Butterfly Card and SnapGuide tutorial to share with you.  I was completely inspired by the gorgeous ribbons in the June Ribbon Club Assortment.


That Sheer Citrus Dots ribbon made me think of butterflies, and that reminded me of a paper I had in  my stash...and  the Citrus Paint Splatters Grosgrain made me think of Mixed Media, and that led to a whole mess of  fun.
 Oh, how I love these ribbons!  To me, this whole card feels like a summer garden party with a special butterfly guest.
I created a border by layering the Citrus Paint Splatters Grosgrain Ribbon over the Sheer Citrus Dots.  Both ribbons are secured with Scor-tape.  Then I used my Bow-it-All Tool to tie an airy, frilly double layer/double loop bow, which I topped with a string bow and button.  I really love the way the colors and patterns in the ribbon strengthen the overall card design.

I enjoyed an afternoon of inky play and had so much fun!
This antique brass optical lens made a wonderful frame for my sentiment.  I added in some mica chips and fussy cut elements under the glass. Just look how that Maize Honeycomb Satin pops on top of my Brass Optical lens! And I found that funky button in my orange button jar.
Here's a peeky at the inside of the card.  I added a gift card/tag pocket, and left lots of room to add your own sentiment.

I thought you might enjoy a little tutorial for this particular project, so I put together a SnapGuide for your viewing pleasure.  This way, you can see step by step how I put this card together.  I've added it below this post.

And, if you haven't subscribed to the Really Reasonable Ribbon Club yet, I can't think of a better time to get started, because these ribbons are scrumptious!  You can find all the details on the Monthly Ribbon Club HERE

Thanks for stopping by!
Cheerio,
Kathy.

Check out How to Create a Butterfly Garden Mixed Media Card by Kathy Clement on Snapguide.

2 comments :

  1. Wonder tutorial. The butterfly came out gorgeous. Beautiful project.
    Hugs and have a cooler day. We will be high 90s and then 65 on Saturday. What a difference. Keep on Scrappin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a stunning card. I love all the beautiful colors you used on the front of the card. And the inside is just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say