Monday, June 27, 2016

Just Keep Swimming!

Well, I am having some fun making shaker cards! I know I am slow to jump on the bandwagon, but I am on! This is my second attempt, and again, I have some naughty sequins and beads that want to stick to some adhesive I forgot to "erase." But I will never tell where! Only the recipient will know!

This one was made with images from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps and paper and sequins from Doodlebug. I chose two matching ribbons from Really Reasonable Ribbon:
and
 
and layered them on top of each other to ground my sea scene. The Hyacinth matches the paper perfectly and I like how the ric rac looks like waves! Everything is held together perfectly with 1/4" Scor-Tape.

The multi-colored Prima flowers fit in with the color scheme so well. I forgot all about a sentiment, and was really hoping that I could stamp it cleanly after the entire card was put together -- and it worked out!

This is going to my daughter, who is almost done with Cosmetology School!

2 comments :

  1. Such a fun card Judy and a great design and colour choice.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love shaker cards and this one is a beauty! The colors, the ribbon treatment, sequins and fish all look wonderful together tfs!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say