Sunday, June 26, 2016

Chin Up Buttercup! Tri-Fold Card

Hello Ribbon Lovers!  I have had the best time this month playing with the Citrus Ribbons in the June Ribbon Club Assortment!  I have played and played with these pretty ribbons and used up just about every single scrap.   I had just enough left to squeeze in one more June Ribbon Club project before we turn the calendar over to the month of July.  I think you're going to get a grin or two out of this "Chin Up, Buttercup" tri-fold greeting card made with Simple Stories Bloom and Grow papers.




It's pretty hard not to smile when you're working with these sunshiny ribbons!  Tangerine Delicate Stitched Satin and Citrus Striped Chevron Grosgrain were layered to create a header.  I topped this with a little medallion that says, appropriately, "Chin Up Buttercup!"



I wove Citrus Paint Splatter Grosgrain through the pickets in this rusted garden fence.  Then I got busy layering up a double bow made with the last of my Maize Diamond Satin Ribbon and the Paint Splatter Grosgrain.


I've been walking in my neighborhood every morning, and finding the most gorgeous mailbox gardens I've ever seen, and that inspired me to fill this fence in with a bounty of pretty flowers.


Here's the inside of the card, just opening the first panel.


And here it is opened all the way up. Honestly, I can't look at this card without grinning...it's those gnomes!!!!

I stuffed the pockets with cute tags and postcards.  Imagine how much fun it would be to receive this in the mail!  It would turn a frown upside down in a hurry! That little snippet of Maize Honeycomb Satin was just the right size to slip into that red paperclip and top with a button.  The card says, "Don't let the little things bug you."

I loved this ribbon club so much that I kind of hate to see the month of June fade away. But it's all good....July brings a brand new ribbon club assortment with it, and since I've had a sneaky peek of it, I know it's going to be fun to play with, too!

Thanks for stopping by!  Now go get your craft on!

Cheerio,
kathy


3 comments :

  1. Just beautiful and a lot of hard work went into this gorgeous project. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful and a lot of hard work went into this gorgeous project. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Kathy what a wonderful way to close out the month. This tri-fold card would make anyone smile. You really packed it in there so many items to see and explore. You really went all out on this card tfs!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say