Saturday, May 22, 2010

Wired Ribbon Rose Tutorial by: True :D


Hello!
True :D here!
Today I am going to show you how to make a quick and easy rose out of wired ribbon.
Don't laugh at the video...it was my first attempt!
I will get better with practice...I hope! LOL!

You can use the rose on any project but I used an empty coffee can.

It can now be used for a gift box or a trinket tin. You could also do a new, full can as a sweet gift. Wouldn't that be a great disguise for instant coffee sitting on someone's desk?
It has a red lid so that kind of dictated my color scheme.
The red glitter paper was purchased at Hobby Lobby and is by Craft n Craftin. It is Wine Red glitter cardstock. The DP is a scrap piece that I can not remember who makes. If you recognize it, please let me know. I wanted to tie the rest of the can in with the rose so I added the same Wired Sheer Iridescent Red/Purple, and Moss Green organzas to the sides. Of course you know that the ribbons are from Really Reasonable Ribbons!
I ran them through some pearl ribbon slides. I also added a pearl hat pin to the rose so it can be worn as a corsage if the receiver so chooses.
Hope you enjoyed the tutorial.
Please leave a comment and let us know if you found this helpful.
Thanks and Hugs,
True D:
Got another minute or two to surf? Come check out my blog! ;)

6 comments :

  1. thanks for the video tutorial using these elegant ribbons and the results are sensational! i love videos as i am a visual learner and they often include a little hiccup in the creation that i might make on my own but if i see it happen and how the designer corrects it i feel more confident about trying the technique rather than give up in frustration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tutorial. I am deffinately going to try it out. Your can looks great. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. True! This is awesome!!! You didn't sound nervous at all girl! Your rose is beautiful, and I can't wait to try one :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Great tutorial and can't wait to try making these:) tfs

    ReplyDelete
  5. True, this is beautiful. Congratulations on your very first video tutorial. You did AWESOME!!!

    Gives me the oomph to try one too.

    Thanks again

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did a GREAT job on your video and the rose is beautiful!!! I can't wait to see more from you!!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say