Saturday, May 15, 2010

Hello!
True :D Here.
Sometimes you need a card quick but just can't bring yourself to go buy an impersonal store-bought card.
Or perhaps you are a beginner or want to craft with a kid. CAS  (Clean And Simple) are great for these occations! Although I usually do detailed cards with lots of coloring and "stuff", I like CAS too.
I created this card for "Really Reasonable Ribbon" It only took a 5" piece of this pretty "Funky Pink and Brown Vertical Stripe" ribbon.  that is part of this months Ribbon Club set. This ribbon is only .25 cents a yard so the piece on this card only costs about .04 cents. Not too shabby for a focal point! You could do a gift set of these for a very nice gift without spending hardly anything!


I picked my ribbon first the found 2 pieces of scrap paper that matched. Not a bad way to use up small pieces either! These pieces are from The Paper Temptress. The colors are Cappuccino Mica Metallic and Mountain Rose Glimmer. The card base is their Heavenly White.
The scallops were done with Stampin'Up's scallop punch and the Cappuccino CS was embossed with Cuttlebug's Dots folder. Add a Prima flower and a pretty button and viola! A beautiful card in about 15 minutes! I also added a Flourishes sentiment from their "Thankful Hearts" set.

Click on the picture for a close up look at that pretty ribbon!

Thanks for dropping by! Swing by MY BLOG too if you have a minute!
Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
I would love to see a comment from you!
Hugs,
True :D

1 comment :

  1. I love this - just the kind of card I would send to someone!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say