Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Go Fly A Kite


It seems that there is a banner craze going on right now. I had some triangle banner chipboard pieces from Maya Road that I wanted to work with. I was staring at them and the new paper from October Afternoon, conveniently named Fly A Kite when it hit me...this chipboard triangle could be a kite too! I took a 4 x 4" coaster and cut it in half placed it above the triangle and glued pretty paper to both sides.
I embellished my kite with a name and ironically, a banner. (I made these for Teacher Appreciation week. Since I am also the PTA President, I rely heavily on the secretaries at school. I do not know what I would do without them.) I lined the whole thing with ric rac because everything is better with ric rac!
The pink ric rac came from the May Ribbon Club! It is only $9 and that includes the shipping! Woot!! 15 yards of ribbon!! How can you go wrong?
Then I cut a piece of jute, affixed it to the bottom, tied on some super cute gingham ribbon to the tail and Viola!
A kite!!
=)
Cassie

5 comments :

  1. I love these!!! I must attempt to make one! I have painted kites before, but never tried to make one. It would make such a great birthday gift too. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These kites are so adorable! What a fab idea, Cassie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cassie, these are FANTASTIC!!!!! Smart girl

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are sooo cute Cassie!
    Hugs,
    True :D

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say