Friday, May 21, 2010

Easy Peasy!

Hey Everyone!  I want to share with a quick and easy way to add some fun to your layouts (lo's).  One of the latest crazes is bunching or pleating your paper or ribbon on your lo.  Most of the time you would do this by folding or by sewing it.  I decided to try something different.  I thought it would be sort of cool to pull floss through the ribbon, so I could bunch it any way I wanted.  I also thought the added color of the floss would be a nice addition.  Of course, you don't have to use floss.  You could easily use a regular needle and thread to do it as well.  I am going to show you step by step how I did my ribbon on my lo.  You can see the final effect below.

Step 1

Choose your ribbon and floss you wish to work with - tie your floss in a knot at one end and thread thru the ribbon.


Step 2

Stitch through the ribbon - gathering or bunching it as you go.


Step 3

Continue until you have done this with plenty of ribbon to use across your lo.


Step 4

Before you tie of the other end of the thread floss and not it, stretched out your gathered ribbon to the desire effect.  Now you can attached it to your lo using glue dots or staples.


Here is how it will look on a lo.


If you like the look of this, there are tons of ribbon in the store that would work great.  Here are the two ribbons I used today: Green dot and Red gingham

Have fun crafting!

Susan Dupre

4 comments :

We'd love to hear what you have to say