Monday, May 3, 2010

Ribbon roses

Hello my friends, I'm pleased to present you my first weekly project for Really Reasonable Ribbon!
Making custom embellishments is a BIG trend these days, and I regret that I don't do this often enough. Hand-made flowers are especially appealing to me, and there are so many techniques & materials that these can be created with. I'm pretty sure this is going to be my returning subject in the coming months.
Today I'd like to show you what fabulous flowers can be made from a ruffled ribbon. RRR store has some fabulous variety of ruffled goodness - check it out HERE.

I used the JUGS31 sketch, as well as PPA40 - Monochromatic - Blues on my sample.

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: Quill, Artarama, DCWV; stamp: Stampin' Up! Best Blossoms; ink: ColorBox Blue Iris, Grant Baby Blue; ribbon: Double Ruffles White, Aqua Satin; Ivory Crochet Lace; rhinestones: Kaisercraft; Cuttlebug machine & Victoria embossing folder; other: pearl beads

To create the flowers, simply cut out a circle from cardstock, and adhere the ribbon to it, starting from the outside and coil it round until you reach the center. Then you can attach a button, bead, brad or whatever your heart desires, to the center of the flower.
I remember some of the commenters on the RRR blog, asking what is the best glue to adhere ribbon with. I certainly don't know what the best one is, but any acid-free silicon glue is good for me. In fact, I use it all the time. PVC glues just don't do the job - they dry far too slowly for my liking ;)
There are various silicon glues on the craft market, but I usually buy a big tube of Selleys Roof & Gutter Silicone Sealant from a local hardware store. That's right - and I love it! haha

I hope you enjoyed this little project! Don't hesistate to ask if you need any more info.
Also, I posted the winner of my Blog Hop candy, hop over to this post on my blog to find out whether it was you!
Have a great day!
{hugs}
Iwona Palamountain

8 comments :

  1. i love the ribbon rose, thanks for the idea, hugs angelique

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Iwona! Love your ribbon flower and I'm happy for the tip on the glue. I'm always wondering what everyone else uses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. The flowers are so pretty and seem so easy: gonna try them. Ok, so...now off to the hardware store to check out that glue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a beauty Iwona!
    I saw it on your blog and left a comment there too!
    Great job on that ruffled flower!
    I am gonna hafta CASE it!
    Hugs,
    True :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chupa, that is fantastic. I love the soft color palette too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card!!!
    I seriously love that double ruffle ribbon! I have already used 2 yards of it!!!
    I think I need more!!!!!
    Love those flowers...beautiful!
    =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful flowers - thanks for the inspiration ;)

    Greetings, Misseke

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say