Tuesday, May 18, 2010

No Sew Flower Cuff

Today I want to show you how to make this no sew cuff.
First, you will want to find a shirt that has a cuff. I chose this sweater that has french cuffs, but you can use any type you would like.




Next, you want to cut the cuff from the shirt.




I chose some ribbons to match. I wanted to make a few flowers and some leaves. I chose Double Ruffle White ribbon first to go across the whole cuff. Then I took some Pink Grosgrain and made some twisty fabric flowers. You can find a tutorial here for the flowers if you have never made them before. I tucked some Green Double Ruffle Ribbon under the pink flowers to look like leaves and add some color.

The next step is to glue everything down. I use Beacon Fabri-Tac. It is super strong and it can go through the wash. You can also sew everything down. I added some small pearls to the flowers for interest.





If you make one(or two or three) link us up!
I made another one here using zippers.
=)
Cassie

3 comments :

  1. Okay Cassie, I'm officially kidnapping you to be my crafting buddy. This ROCKS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another FAB idea! Wonderful! Thanks for adding me under your fav. blogs. I am soooooooooooooooooo advertising for you guys! Love your idea & your stuff. I can't wait to get my most recent order of leaves & lace!!! YAY!!

    PS- Bonnie- thanks for the congrats.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say