Monday, April 27, 2015

Your my cup of Tea Gift Box Set


Welcome everyone to the RRR Blog today.  It's Teresa here and i am sharing a little tea gift card set that i did with some of the Satin with Gross grain ribbon in coral and Burlap string. My base and inspiration for this was a new stamp from Penny Black called April in Paris with lots of roses and an eiffel tower so i thought of tea and a fun card set to give away.


To make this i started with a clear acetate box that i had in my stash and i created a belly band to wrap around it with Spellbinders Belly Bands Two.  Then i cut and embossed a red patterned piece of paper with Spellbinders Curved matting basics for both the back and then another in ivory to stamp on.  I stamped the image in black Tsukineko Versafine ink and embossed it so that it would pop more with clear embossing powder from Stampendous.  The Your my sweet cup of tea stamp is from Taylored Expressions and i stamped that in Tsukineko Versafine ink in Crimson red to match.


 To color my image i used Copic markers and tried to shade the roses so that they too would stand out.  The beautiful satin gross grain ribbon bow was the perfect touch for the side to finish it.


And inside of my card i made a cute pocket with another of my favorite SB dies.  It has a really pretty cut out design that makes a perfect pocket to tuck in a few tea packets and maybe a gift card to go to the local tea shop for treats one day.

Thanks so much for stopping by and i hope that you like it and get inspired to make one.  Mother's Day is right around the corner and this might be great to do for the special Moms or Mums in your life. Have a very, very nice day!

1 comment :

  1. Teresa, I just love this! I'm a tea drinker, so it's "my cup of tea!" What a clever idea! Def going to make some of these with all those clear acrylic boxes I've saved!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say