Thursday, April 16, 2015

Victorian Trading Cards with Pretty Ribbons


Hello Friends!  I hope you are having a fabby day today! I'm super excited to share a trio of Victorian Trading Cards with you today.  I've used some of my favorite Really Reasonable Ribbons to make these cards extra special.


I've used a variety of my favorite ribbons to create these summer all-occasion cards. Let's take a closer look.


This thank you card has an embossed base and has been adorned with a double bow made with airy 7/8" white organza and summery light blue micro gingham.  This one makes me think of a blue sky filled with clouds!


This happy birthday card uses 2 1/2" wide natural cotton ribbon in a beautiful Garden print as one of the three panels on the front of the card.  I also tore the ribbon in half down the center and tied a bow that I topped with some light, airy Lavender Dots Organza ribbon.  This ribbon is tiny, but mighty, and ties so nicely with the help of the Zutter Bow it All.  I finished this one off by wrapping the top of the card with natural burlap string and a loopy bow and button.


This soft and shabby Thinking of You card is greatly enhanced by the addition of Cream Mesh Ribbon. I love the way it lightens up the card base, and still allows a little of the color and texture to show through.  I topped this beauty with a sumptous Aqua Shimmer Satin Bow and a sweet nosegay of Pink and White Chrysanthemums.

I used a wonderful All Occasion Card Kit from Polly's Paper Etsy to make all three cards.  It comes with the images, ephemera, and 4x6" card panels. I added goodies from my stash and Really Reasonable Ribbons and trims to put my own twist on the kit.  I love these soft floral images, and hope you do, too!

Thanks for stopping by!
Cheerio,
kathy

3 comments :

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I just love the images in this kit...and you already know how much I love RRR! Have a great day, Kathy Jo!

      Delete
  2. I couldn't possibly pick a favorite because I love them all! What a fun kit! Thanks Kathy!
    ~Kris~

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say