Thursday, December 9, 2010

Guest Designer - Laura Achilles

Hello faithful Really Reasonable Ribbon blog readers!!!! My name is Laura Achilles and I have had the awesome privilege of being asked to guest design for Really Reasonable Ribbon. And let me tell you, it has been an awesome experience!

I was given several choices to pick from for my time as a guest designer and let me tell you what...it was HARD to choose just one! But in the end I decided to go with the Bakers Twine Assortment pack. Bakers Twine is HOT right now and you can use it in a zillion different ways for all your paper project needs! I decided to show you a couple of different ways you can use it on your layouts and hopefully give you inspiration and an "a-ha" moment to think about. I love creating but above all I think I love creating layouts the best. Pictures tell so much and being able to showcase them with amazing products, like the ones you can get here right at Really Reasonable Ribbon makes it even better!

So here we go. The first layout I created used the bakers twine as an accent wrap around two different brads. Bakers Twine can take on a vintage feel to it like it does in this layout.





To get the chipboard frames to stay in place I grabbed my trusty 450 Quick Dry Glue by Helmar USA! I seriously love that stuff and I know that if I use it all my elements on my layouts stay put!




The second layout I created has kind of a fun feel to it because it's a layout about my daughter baking and traditionally, in the past, bakers twine had been used to tie up a beautiful box of pastries from the local bakery. I love the gray bakers twine in the assortment! I seriously cannot get enough gray in my scrapbooking color palette!








The final layout I created is much brighter! Bright colors, bright title and bright bakers twine! Just like Bakers Twine can have a vintage feel to it, it also has a fun and whimsical feel to it. Truly the Bakers Twine Assortment can be used in a ton of different ways to give a ton of different feels to your paper projects!









Thanks for stopping by today and checking out my projects! Now get scrapping!

3 comments :

  1. What a laborious project! I love complicated stuff!Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layouts Laura! I love the different looks you can get using baker's twine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura! These are all so wonderful! I just got some baker's twine myself! Can't wait to give it a try! :)

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say