Thursday, December 2, 2010

Baker's Twine and Ribbon Tabs

My DT Ribbon bag this month was overflowing with grosgrain, rik rak, baker's twine, gingham, stripes, satins, dots, and more. Sooo many amazing ribbons to get the creative juices flowing. Here's a couple of layouts using some of my new goodies.

Busy Little Boy


My favorite section in the store right now is the baker's twine page. There are eight fabulous colors to choose from. For this layout, I thought the lemon baker's twine was just perfect for my bumble bee trail. Rather than stitch his trail, I made some loops and then tacked it down with black floss. I LOVE all the extra texture and movement that the twine adds.

She's All Smiles

For this layout, I had three ribbons that matched my papers perfectly. I simply created three little loops to add to the border of a photo. One strip of sunflower swiss dots grosgrain, one strip of light blue random circles grosgrain, and one strip of bright pink fun stripe grosgrain. I also added just a tad more cotton candy baker's twine to tie a bow in my button. I just can't handle a naked button, ladies.

Thanks for stopping by today. See you next week! Aphra


2 comments :

  1. Ok, that layout with the bee and twine is adorable - and what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the happy cheerful colors you used and the way the ribbon and twine all go so beautifully together. Great job.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say