Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Let It Snow!



 

As a cardmaker every day, I struggle with whether to make or buy my holiday greetings. I have a lot of different cards for the holidays, but I really don't like making more than one of any design. No assembly line production at my house! I also know it takes me forever to make a card, and I don't want to send it if it will just get thrown away after a few days or after the holidays (like I would know anyway!). So -- I generally buy my cards to send with a short newsy family letter and send handmade greetings to those in my family who also make their cards.

But here is one I am sending this year to a friend. It has some fun papers and one of my favorite trims. My lace trim is 1.5" Ivory Crochet Lace by Really Reasonable Ribbon. I LOVE this lace so much and have used it on so many projects. I like how it adds a hint of lace, but is very open to see the design underneath. And of course, I added my favorite embellishment - pearls! These are Latte pearls.

My sentiment is Let It Snow - 1518 by Hambo Stamps. The glitter is on the tree branches is from Sparkle N Sprinkle and the tree dies are by Cheery Lynn. My designer paper is from Authentique and the poinsettias are by Hero Arts. The circles were cut with Spellbinders dies.

Do you make your holiday cards or buy them?
Thanks for stopping by today and for your comments!



8 comments :

  1. Totally stunning and gorgeous layout and Christmas trees xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of the prettiest cards I have seen this year. I love it.
    I do both. I make some for family members and special friends who will appreciate the work I put in and then I send store bought for the rest. Otherwise, I'd have to make scores of cards!! Too much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Judy! Ah, the age old question a cardmaker faces.....make them or buy them. Every year when I'm making them I say it's the last year, but then I do it again the next year anyway. And yes, I do one design and assembly-line them. I think for the most part, my cards don't get thrown out. Many people bring them out each year with the holiday decorations, but I do tend to go a bit overboard. Perhaps I'll show this years card in a future blog post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! The lace trim is really lovely. I do make all my cards, but definitely go one design, mass production for the bulk of them. I buy the card bases from a big box store & keep those pretty CAS. My crafty friends usually get one of a kind, more involved cards. I always keep any handmade cards I get - can't imagine throwing them out LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely card. great showcasing of the lace.
    ava g

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well Judy I'm much like you, after I put the work into it, I want it to be valued in some way. Book marks, recipes written on the back, anything but that dreaded dust bin. Your card btw is so sweet. All the colors, textures and shapes. Blessings Carole

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet card Judy! I love all the different patterns you used and those trees and poinsettias are gorgeous! I am making my cards at this very moment in fact - now the trick will be getting them in the mail!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say