Saturday, December 22, 2012

Warm Winter Wishes

This little fox from Lawn Fawn is so sweet! I am a big animal lover and I always worry about the wild animals (and domesticated too!) finding a warm place to hang out during the cold winter months - especially during storms. I would love to have a giant ark where I could house them all during the winter!

I stamped the images on X-Press Copic Blending Cardstock using Memento Tuxedo Black ink and then colored in with Copics. The little snowflake from Hambo Stamps was stamped in Archival White.

I pleated my China Doll silk ribbon below the main panel, and added Spica Glitter pens to the fox's scarf, tail and eyelashes. A little Oyster Baker's Twine and a snowflake charm finish it off.

If you haven't seen all of the beautiful hand-dyed silk ribbon in the RRR Store, click HERE. The texture is so soft and easy to manipulate, and the colors are luscious! For more Baker's Twine colors, including the new SOLIDS, click HERE.

All the farmers around here are saying we are in for a harsh winter with a lot of snow. We got about 7-8 inches in this one storm this week (Draco!) and I hope they are wrong, but if they're not, I want my animal friends to find some warm hangouts for the duration!



Stamps: Winter Fox by Lawn Fawn (available at IHP) and Small Snowflake by Hambo Stamps 
Paper: Melon Mambo, Taken With Teal, X-Press Copic Blending CS, Holly Jolly Christmas DP (Echo Park) 
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics BG72, B000, E13, RV02, RV04, R20, Spica Glitter pens, (available at IHP), Brilliance Archival White
Accessories: snowflake charm, Spellbinders dies, Blush Pearls (Kaiser), Oyster Baker's Twine & China Doll Hand Dyed Silk Ribbon (Really Reasonable Ribbon), silver thread

4 comments :

  1. Adorable card Judy. I love the pretty silk ribbon you gathered under the main panel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "a giant ark" - that is too cute. equally cute card, too! love your coloring skillzzzzz!

    ReplyDelete
  3. judy, very pretty card and yes the ribbons really do dress the card up for the event
    ava g

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say