Sunday, December 23, 2012

Gingham Valentine

 
 
 





 


 
 
 Merry christmas to you all! I can't believe Christmas Eve is just a day away! I am taking a break from baking to share a card tutorial for Really Reasonable Ribbon . A fun , frilly, feminine little number using gathered ribbon. I used the pink gingham and grabbed a needle and thread and started stitching nice large stitches through the center of the ribbon. I used approximately a yard of the gingham. Once I was done I gathered it up by pulling the thread through and got it nice and ruffley. Once I had it looking the way I wanted I covered my cardstock with my chosen papers. From there it was just a matter of laying it out shaping it into a heart. I used hot glue to adhere it down. Now comes the fun part of adding fun little touches. Paper borders, jellie dots, a couple of stick pins, and a fun banner with my sentiment. What do you think? I think it turned out pretty stinkin cute. Hope you have enjoyed! Well my friends...I am headed back to the kitchen to make my fantasy fudge. Wish me luck! Hugs, cherry
 

9 comments :

  1. This is such a beautiful card! I love how you used the gingham material to make the heart. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Cherry. I love the ruffled ribbon heart. So glad you shared how you made it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous texture with the ruffled heart - love all the layers on your card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this effect is beautiful - like rose petals! TFS - Vivian

    ReplyDelete
  5. how sweet is this...love the ribbons and wow starting the tempo with pink instead of read really give lots of inspiration.
    ava g

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how lovely and thank you for the tutorial x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! Hope the fudge turned out good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is super beautiful : ) I love it!!!!! Every little detail is just perfect. Thanks for the tutorial. Huggs Ginny

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say