Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Vintage Shabby Chic Sled

Hello Friends!!
Heather here, and today I would like to share with you another one of my painted projects.
This is one of MANY sleds that I purchased many years ago....and finally gave it a quick paint job.  
  The one thing that has always bothered me about the sleds, were how plain the sides would look.  
I could of added more painting to the side but the wood is ruff on the sides...and I don't like to ruin my brushes.  I am all proud of myself...because I am happy with how my sled turned out!!
First I sanded, sealed and then gave it a coat of pink paint!!
Then I did some quick roses, leaves and whitish blue green looking lilacs.
Next I added some vintage buttons for depth.  I tied the tiniest sweet little bow out of the 
cotton candy baker's twine from Really Reasonable Ribbon!
Awww.....I just love tiny things!!
I also used some of the pink with polka dots ribbon from the December Ribbon Assortment, I LOVE it!!
You will also see some of the 1/2 inch pink crochet lace...I love it too!!
Above you can see why I am all proud of myself.  I used some of my NEW favorite 
Juliet Crochet Lace , moss green leaves and "chocolate & marshmallow" candies  to dress up my sides
 all from  Really Reasonable Ribbon..
Bonnie has the Best Assortment!
 Now...no matter how I hang it..the sides will look fabulous as well!
As usual I went ahead and inked all my candies..and most of the ribbons with Ranger's Vintage photo distress inks, to give them an older look.
Here are a few close ups of the front.  It's hard trying to get a decent photo of
 'long and narrow" creations...LOL  I like big photos...LOL.
Here is one last look at the bottom! 
I forgot to mention...I could not decide what I wanted in the center. 
I think I have finally settled on the word
Now to decide..if that will be painted or paper??  LOL
Don't forget to link up your 
Anything Goes and Ribbon Creations to our challenge!!
I will be back with another post on Dec 27th, it will be a tutorial.
For those of you new to blogging...I have two new "blogger" tutorials
(I have other blogging tutorials as well)
How to center your blog header
How to add a "Pin it" button to your blog post
Thank you for visiting RRR today!!


  1. WOW WOW WOW I love this it's so beautiful. Caroline xxx

  2. This is gorgeous Heather!! I LOVE it!! The ribbon, lace and trims add a great touch.

  3. Very shabby and beautiful. You are the queen of roses! s from your BFF G : )

  4. Love the crochet trim down the sides!

  5. Gorgoeus Heather girl! Perfectly shabby. cherry


We'd love to hear what you have to say