Sunday, December 16, 2012

Decorated Bottle Brush Trees and Tutorial

 
 
Hi folks it's Ginny here with an easy peasy tutorial to dress up those great little bottle brush trees. I don't know about you...but I am absolutely crazy about the bleached shabby chic trees to add to my village vignette. They are just as beautiful in a cloche. First here's a look at the finished tree.
I should also mention that the little tree's started out looking like this.
Once I had my tree's bleached and rinsed really well and set to dry....I gave them a really good dry brushing with white paint (do not use your favorite brush) : ( , then I added chunky glitter flakes to make them shiny.
Next use your garland to decorate your tree simply by wrapping it around and securing it with hot glue.
Now add your trees to your holiday decor and enjoy them year after year.
For my chain I used Ivory Wrinkle Ribbon and Silver Metallic String....but you can use an infinite combination of ribbon and string to create your own unique look 
That's it for my tutorial...I'm sure you'll find lot's of ways to use a crocheted ribbon garland. Like crafts, cards, or scrapbooking :)
I hope you all enjoy a happy and productive day and find some time to be creative.
Huggs Ginny



6 comments :

  1. Love those trees and what a great idea for the garland. Just beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them!! Fabby idea!!
    Hugs
    from your BFF :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are gorgeous....learned something new about bleaching these trees...novel idea...thanks, Jan D., Florida

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, Ginny - wish I were a better crocheter!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say