Sunday, December 9, 2012

Gift Wrapped Cards

It's Jacquie here and I was thrilled when Bonnie asked me to Guest Design for December. My eye is always drawn to clean and graphic design, so it is no surprise that I am in love with the Chevron Striped Twill. Deciding to use the twill was the easy part, narrowing it down to a single color proved to be impossible!
I wanted my cards to look like gifts wrapped, tagged and tied with the ribbon - how did I do?
To keep things interesting, I tied each of the ribbons in a different way. First up is the red Chevron Striped Twill.
The ribbon is folded back on itself 3 times to create a ruffle.
Did you know Baker's Twine comes in solid colors and that you can get it here at Really Reasonable Ribbon? I used the green Baker's Twine to tie my tag onto the ribbon.
The second card showcases the turquoise Chevron Striped Twill and red solid color Baker's Twine.
This time I twisted and tied off the ribbon where the pieces overlapped.
The final card in the set highlights the celery Chevron Stripe Twill and blue solid color Baker's Twine.
On this card, I used my Bow Easy Tool to create a double loop bow that is adhered on the intersection of the two ribbon pieces.
I hope these samples have inspired you to start (or add colors to) your own Chevron Striped Twill collection!
Jacquie

12 comments :

  1. These are really cute cards! You may have just influenced me to get some of that ribbon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are really beautiful.
    Gorgeous ribbons.
    Gr Elly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness Jacquie - your cards are gorgeous!! Everyone knows I struggle with the CAS style, but you nailed it!! I love the three different ways you used the ribbon. Very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful beautiful beautiful
    ava g

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are AMAZING. You know that I cannot do CAS cards. I always admire yours!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These cards are so pretty, and exactly that - clean and graphic. Such a fresh, happy feeling in these projects!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this! CAS and BEAUTIFUL!!!!

    Hugs,
    True :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jacquie, these cards are awesome. I just love this ribbon and twine!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jacquie- these are darling!! ;) made me smile, they really turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love these cards Jacquie! Thanks for the idea! I will definitely be making some cards like these to send to some of my friends :)

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say