Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Somewhere Over The Rainbow...

I just love seeing rainbows, always makes me feel loved by God. Rainbows are beautiful, whether in the sky or on paper! Today I want to show you how to make your own rainbow of ribbon.

Here is my card:



It is super easy to make and takes minutes. Pick a couple of your favorite ribbons, I used 3. Mine are the Echinacea Hand-Dyed Silk Ribbon that is amazing to work with, Satin Reversible Blue/Light Blue, and Satin Reversible Lavender/Sage.

I simply cut out a few clouds to go behind my rainbow. Then I tacked a ruffle in a rainbow shape to my card. I added a rainbow sentiment to complete my creation. You could use a sewing machine to make this product, but I prefer to sew by hand. And a ribbon rainbow would be an amazing addition to a scrapbook layout!

Enjoy and if you are inspired to make your own rainbow, leave a link in the comments...would love to see your work!

4 comments :

We'd love to hear what you have to say