Saturday, August 7, 2010

Quick, Simple and Elegant Card with Ribbon and Stickers



Hi Everyone!
Before I tell you about my card today, I would like to remind you all that there is still time to enter our "Black and White" challenge. We sure would love to have you join us, and who knows....you might be the winner of the Really Reasonable Ribbon gift certificate!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On to my card.....
Got  a twist today. Coming from a stamp illustrator, it might sound funny when I tell you that you need not be a painter or like stamping and coloring to make pretty cards.
Bonnie, from Really Reasonable Ribbon, sent me a sample piece of her absolutely gorgeous new hand-dyed silk ribbon in Hydrangea and I instantly thought of some butterfly stickers that I bought quite some time ago but never used.
See how perfectly they match? You have got to see and feel this fabulous silk ribbon! It is so luxurious!


I added some Kaiser half pearls that I also got from Really Reasonable Ribbon and did a little paper piercing.
This card took less then 10 minutes to make and I think anyone would love to receive it.


That perfect bow was made with a Bow-Easy. Love it!


BTW...the butterfly stickers are from K&Company's "Smitten" collection and the sentiment stamp is from Verve's "Thankful Hearts" set.

Thanks so much for dropping by!
If you have a little more surfing time, grab a cuppa and come visit my blog! :)
Hope you will leave some love before you go!
Hugs,
True :D

2 comments :

  1. Aack, left a comment but forgot about the verification....trying again.

    Gorgeous, gorgeous card. That ribbon looks like it was made for those butterflies. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That ribbon is indeed lovely! As is your pretty card, True! Love love love the paper piercing!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say