Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Son’s Birthday Card

Good Morning and Happy Wednesday to Everyone!  Today I wanted to show a card I created for my son, Travis.  Last week Wednesday was his 20th birthday.  I was unable to send him his card since he was still deployed in Afghanistan and was due back into the states.  As of Monday he has left Afghanistan is on his way back home to California.  Unfortunately, I will not be seeing him until he takes his leave in September.

For his card I decoupage a motorcycle image.  I used Black Jute String to weave around silver brads and 3/8” Gingham Orange Multi Grosgrain Ribbon underneath the jute string. 

Here is my card:

Travis 20th BirthdayImage:  Motorcycle – Decoupage from The Lilac Garden (Decoupage by Audrey).

Sentiment:  Happy Birthday sentiment (Digital Delights by Louby Lou).

Card Stock:  Orange and black (TAC), Black and Orange Flame and HD Bar Front (Harley Davidson).

Embellishments:  Silver Brads,  Black Jute String and 3/8” Gingham Orange Multi Grosgrain (all ribbons are from Really Reasonable Ribbon).

Thanks so much for stopping by!  Hope everyone has a wonderful week!

Hugs, Kym

5 comments :

  1. So happy for you that your son made it home safely and you will be seeing him soon!! :) I love your card, especially how you wove the jute string around the brads!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool card! The use of twine and Brads was clever! It gives the card lots texture and depth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you have to wait to see him but so happy for you that your son made it home safely. I love your card, love how you wove the jute around the brads! Great Technique. Great card I'm sure he'll love it.
    Blessings Bernie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! So pleased that your son is home safe from Afghanistan. It won't be long now before you see him again.
    My son is in Afghanistan, in the British army, and should be leaving there at the beginning of October to his base in Germany. Not so sure as yet when he'll be taking his leave.
    Enjoy your time with your son, pity it goes so fast xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know what it feels like to have a son in the middle east. Mine was in the 1st one in Saldi 'Desert Storm'.
    God bless you and so hapy you will have him home soon.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say