Monday, October 30, 2017

Handle With Care

Hi friends!  It's me, Karen Letchworth, sharing today.  Can you believe that October is already over, and that Christmas is less than two months away?  I know that it sure "snuck up" on me.  I've been trying to get some Christmas cards made, and so...for today's project I decided to make a pocket card by using a large glassine bag.  I folded the bag upwards half way, added some patterned paper, and machine stitched it to create the pocket.  I tucked some tags, a gift card, and some candy sticks inside the pockets.
I decorated my pocket bag with some lovely products from Really Reasonable Ribbon.  In my humble opinion, everything is better with ribbon!  I ran a width of 5/8" Forest Green Satin Swirl Ribbon across the patterned paper just below the scalloped die-cut edge.  To that, I added a bow that includes a piece of 3/8" Forest Green Satin Ribbon With Gold Metallic Edges, two pieces of Lipstick Red Seam Binding, and a length of Black Licorice Baker's Twine.   This sweet little bow accent also includes a Wild Orchid Crafts Bead Berry Spray Cluster in White, as well as Red Double Head Stamens and Black Double Head Stamens; and is topped with a beautiful 12mm Silver Glitter Stardust Rhinestone from our Embellishment collection.
On one of the tags I tucked into the pockets, I added three Wild Orchid Crafts Miniature Sweetheart Blossoms in Ivory which are also found in the Mulberry Flowers section of the store.  There are SO many wonderful accents available at Really Reasonable Ribbon, and SO much more than all the amazing ribbons and trims we carry.  You're sure to find something WONDERFUL to help you create your next project.

There's also a FUN CHALLENGE and lots of great inspiration on the blog every day.  Be sure to stop by often to learn about special sales, and to see what's new.  We are here to help YOU find just what you need, and to inspire your creativity.  Thanks for stopping by!

Karen

1 comment :

We'd love to hear what you have to say