Saturday, June 16, 2012

How About Some Summer "Aqua"?




I don't know about you, but this time of year I start thinking about the ocean, the beach and tropical places. I just got a new spool of the gorgeous aqua ribbon and it reminds me of the crystal clear blue water of the gulf.
 Well, thanks to a good friend (wink) I happened to have some paper with the same theme!! Some Graphic 45 Tropical Travelogue! Perfect colors for the ribbon!!!! So a couple of cards were born!!!



On this first card I not only used the beautiful aqua ribbon, but also the Beatrice crocheted lace and a bit of Baker's twine.

Here you see the Baker's Twine in the button.


For this one, I only used the aqua. I just wanted a pretty bow to highlight the tropical stamp images!



This just shows a little detail. The stitching is all done with my Zig marker!!! The embossing and stamps are from the Susy West WOW collections.



Now, if I can just take a trip to the beach!!! I would love to see these colors in person with the water and tropical blooms!!! I hope you enjoy the cards, and urge you to "think tropical"!!!
 
 

6 comments :

  1. Beautiful cards Patti. I just love that color combination.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards love the colours used too:)x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These cards are just lovely, Patti! The colors are so bright and vibrant....great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, these cards are GORGEOUS!! I adore the bright colors! The flowers, the ribbon, the design-just fabulous!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say